Northwest Cadence is excited to announce that the Visual Studio 2013 Release Candidate is now available!
With the new 2013 Release Candidate release, the Visual Studio team has refined many of the features that were seen in the Preview and added many more. The Visual Studio team is now hitting their stride with the quality of even interim releases being very high: Team Foundation Server 2013 is production ready. Northwest Cadence has already completed 9 production deployments of TFS 2013 Preview, and 1 production deployment of the Release Candidate (yes, we sometimes get things early). All with fewer problems than we’ve had with the TFS 2012 releases.
Check out What’s new in Visual Studio 2013 RC with Team Foundation Server for a dissection of the main new ALM features:
- Visual Studio 2013 Team Explorer remembers your TFS Servers New
- New Team Explorer Home page Refined
- Team Rooms Refined
- Mapping from Backlog Items to Features New
- Charting from Queries New Favourite
- Creating Test Plans from the Web Portal Refined
- Create Test Cases in a Grid view New
- Open the Test Plan or Run Test in Microsoft Test Manager Client from Web New
Here are a few resources that should be helpful in evaluating if the Visual Studio 2013 Release Candidate is the right move for your organization.